Noun: A widespread coniferous tree that has a distinctive conical shape and…bla,bla, bla [that's not the point] Adjective: Neat in dress and appearance… [Now we're talking]
Synonyms: Smart, tidy, dapper, elegant, well-groomed [ahem... That was just for the record in case you were wondering.]
We have two passions; Arsenal and Football…err, sorry, we meant football and menswear. We hope to give a few tips in-between to fans who visit this blog; there’s certainly no harm in looking good while singing ‘He scores when he wants’.
Okay, however like everything else, we have rules, serious rules.
- You are totally responsible for any comment you make on Mister Spruce. At no point in time will Mister Spruce be held responsible for any crappy comments made by over-enthusiastic and over-opinionated fans [aka people] who decide to vent and shed it all in the comment box.
- As a guide to avoid breaking Rule 1, it is advised that racist comments, comments against God and comments bad-mouthing ‘explicitly’ other teams should be avoided. After this, you are free to vent to your heart’s content.
- We and guest writers [which I hope some of you will become] will post on the following in order of importance:
1. Arsenal FC
2. Men’s Style on a budget [aka where and how you can get the best deals to look as dapper as can be at a football game]
3. The others…[other clubs]
We don’t want to hear you complain; period.
- At no point should your sole intention be to piss other commentators off; if you do, your comments will be removed and your comments banned till the world ends…whenever that is.
- When Arsenal does lose games ['cuz I know we will], please get a grip on yourself, hold your heart; we don’t want anyone needing a surgical bypass after reading your comments.
- Do not make fun of people who don’t speak English as their first language, it’s a really cheap shot and it’s uncalled for. Try naming all the British Prime Ministers in Mandarin… I thought so. Remember it’s all for the love of football, Arsenal FC and looking ‘spruced’ [good].
- Mature behaviour is expected of you. If you decide to throw temper tantrums like kids in their ‘terrible two’s', we’ll send you your preferred brand of nappies/diapers. Please DO NOT comment if:
- You’re drunk
- You’re high on drugs (whether it’s cheap or expensive is irrelevant) or,
- Your wife/girlfriend just gave birth; there’s a strong tendency your comments are going to lack any sense of direction.
- On no account should you support, suck-up to, dine with, blow kisses at, bat eyelids at, Manchester United Football Club or Nicolas Anelka. Don’t even dream you were exchanging kits like Santos, ahem… we’ll find you*evil grin*
Okay, we’re done.
PS: This page won’t be complete without thanking the people who helped make this blog happen. Special thanks to Jamie Sanderson (YoungGuns Blog) and his better half, Jake Davies (Arsenation), Daniel Cowan (North London Is Red), Dave Seager (1 nil down 2 one up), Andrew (Arseblog), Peter (Le-grove), Andrew Weber (AFC Blog), P.I.M.P (Poznan In My Pants), Messi Minutes and EPL Takeover; you guys are awesome!
In order for us to keep this blog running. some posts may have affiliate links embedded within; we greatly appreciate your support.