[nextpage title=”” ]
So it’s Wednesday and we lost our first game of the 2015/16 BPL season exactly 3days, 21 hours, 19 minutes, and 40 seconds ago, but who’s counting?
A lot has been said about that game I would imagine; who wouldn’t? A lot has been said but, this is not a post aimed at highlighting the inefficiency of the attention of the global population.
When the game started, I was in a taxi heading home, fighting the constant urge to scream at the driver to “step on the friggin’ gas bruh! Pedal to the floor b*tch! Do you not realize that Arsenal are ripping West Ham a new one?”.
So you can only imagine my bewilderment when I got to the place where I watched the game just as the second half was about to start and finding out that Arsenal were in fact losing.
Now as an Arsenal fan that followed religiously our near title winning season of 08/09 or 07/08 (forgive me, my memory is not the most reliable, and taking a trip to Google is too much stress than I’m paid for ? Joke), I was thinking “1-0 is not a difficult scoreline for this team to turn around, I mean we beat them in 10 mins last two seasons” but a the second half went on and I saw the type of Arsenal that decided to turn up for the game, I quickly adjusted my thoughts to accommodate the near certain possibility of an impending defeat; “oh well, sh*t happens”.
Three days on, I have decided to give my thoughts on that particular game, not because I needed time to think or rationalize within myself the reason for our demise, but rather because I am one of the laziest people I know, and I’d like to think that my chief editor Sprucey agrees with me, albeit not with a smile on her face.
[nextpage title=”” ]
Now on to the game, we performed quite poorly in all honesty. Here are a few things that bothered me throughout the course of that game;
- How did we concede the first goal in the manner that we did with PETR CECH in goal? HOW? I mean, shouldn’t he know better? He is the missing piece of Wenger’s jigsaw puzzle that he has been assembling for YEARRRRSSSS, or so the journalists, commentators and bloggers tell me. Just HOW?
- How is it that Chamberlain, despite his sheer brilliance managed to lose possession in a dangerous area that lead to a goal, AGAIN? Just HOW? I had nightmares of Monaco at home all over again that night.
- How did PETR CECH not even look like he was going to save that goal? Just HOW? He is PETR CECH FFS! Have you used him on FIFA? He is absolutely phenomenal, and don’t tell me “it’s just a game, pipe down!”, I do not have to use reason/logic while writing a football based blog post, do you not read articles from “reputable” media outlets?
- ALEXIS SANCHEZ should have stayed on the bench, but unlike me in this very moment, Arsene did not have the benefit of hindsight and as such can’t really be blamed. But my god, Alexis was terrible.
- Why does Arsene always have to experiment with the team selection/tactics/balance when it is clear what we were using before was working?
- When are we getting KARIM BENZEMA? Ok, I know it has nothing to do with the game, but still, BENZEMA!
- We shouldn’t be losing the first game of the season against such opposition in a season where we aim to finally win the BPL after so long, but then, a loss is a loss regardless of when it happens.
Like Arsene, I still believe in what this team is capable of, so come this weekend I will watch the game from the first minute so I don’t miss any of the goals we’ll score to smash the opposition. *there I go again, setting ,myself up for another heartbreaking encounter* NEVER!