Yep, we’ve got players in limbo literally. It’s what we call ‘bad market’ down here.
Loads of players we are unable to ship out because:
- We are asking for too much money
- Clubs can’t afford to pay them the obscene salaries we pay our average players
Sky Sports reports:
- Olivier Giroud says he’ll wait until later in the window before deciding his future. Marseille among a number of clubs interested
- Giroud is one of a number of Arsenal players whose future will be discussed this month. Jack Wilshere and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlin will have talks too, while we are told the likes of Mathieu Debuchy and Carl Jenkinson are on the market
- Watford are keen on Arsenal’s Kieran Gibbs. The Hornets want a left back, but are being put off by the price tag and potentially the player’s wages
So what do we do if no one wants our fringe players?
Okay… Giroud and The Ox aren’t deadwood and I’d rather they stayed. But how about the others? What are we to do to de-bloat our squad?
I really wish this was football manager and not real life.